Who Are the Pure in Heart?
August 19, 2010 § 1 Comment
In the Bible the heart stands for the seat, source, reservoir and instigator of our thoughts, attitudes, desires, character and motivation. It is synonymous with our modern use of “mind,” since the mind is where we hold knowledge, attitudes, motivations, affections, desires, likes and dislikes.
God describes the pure in heart in the following verses. Read and think on these verses and find the freedom pursuing purity brings to your life.
– those that see God often (Matthew 5:8)
– those that think on pure things (Philippians 4:8)
– those that carefully screen their associations (I Timothy 5:22)
– those that follow after righteousness (II Timothy 2:22)
– those that discern purity (Titus 1:15)
– those that draw near to God (Hebrews 10:22)
– those that compelled to love those God loved (James 1:27)
– those that seek wisdom of God (James 3:17)
– those that obey God (I Peter 1:22)
– those that welcome instruction (II Peter 3:1)
– those that continue to examine themselves (I John 3:3)
– those that hate what God hates (Proverbs 6:16-19)
– those that care about their witness (1 Thessalonians 5:22)
“Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”
– Psalm 139:23-24
Tagged: 1 Thessalonians 5:22, Christianity, Epistle to the Hebrews, Epistle to the Philippians, First Epistle of John, First Epistle of Peter, God, Gospel of Matthew, I John 3:3, I Peter 1:22, I Timothy 5:22, II Peter 3:1, II Timothy 2:22, James 1:27, James 3:17, Matthew 5:8, Philippians 4:8, Proverbs 6:16-19, Pure in Heart, Purity, Religion and Spirituality, Second Epistle to Timothy, Titus 1:15